With a footprint measuring just 16” in diameter, the PC-4000 is the pinnacle of SVS’ iconic cylinder subwoofer designs, achieving unparalleled low frequency output and deep bass extension down to 15 Hz. The unique form factor uses vertical height to add cabinet volume while a high-excursion, down-firing 13.5-inch driver and 1,200 watts RMS, 4,000+ watts peak power amplifier delivers concert and cinematic level bass with pinpoint control and accuracy to amaze serious home theater fans and the most discerning audiophiles.
Reference Caliber Bass with Less Floorspace Required
The SVS PC-4000 powered subwoofer astounds with its ability to command a room with massive low frequency output and deep bass extension that can be heard and felt while maintaining accuracy and control, all from a cylinder cabinet measuring only 16” in diameter. With trickle down technology from the 16-Ultra Series, named top subwoofers in the world by nearly every audio publication and industry group in 2017, the PC-4000 shatters expectations and delivers a level of unrivaled subwoofer performance only available from SVS.
High-Excursion SVS Driver – Legendary SVS Output and Control
The PC-4000 subwoofer driver delivers on the full potential of the Sledge STA-1200D amplifier’s immense power with precision and control to produce room energizing SPLs and effortless low frequency extension with pinpoint accuracy at all drive levels.
- Dual ferrite magnet motor assembly weighing nearly 40lbs generates immense magnetic force and excursion of the 13.5-inch driver to produce massive low frequency output well below the limits of human hearing.
- Edge wound voice coil with eight-layer aluminum flat wire minimizes distortion and power compression while providing excellent heat dissipation and linearity ensuring precise control.
- Lightweight and rigid composite cone with premium glass fiber dustcap generate massive output with pinpoint accurate frequency response.
- Proprietary injection molded gasket and long-throw parabolic surround ensure longevity and allow extreme excursion and SPLs.
Sledge Amplifier – Massive Output, Sophisticated DSP, Advanced Power Management
Rated conservatively at 1,200 watts RMS, and 4,000+ watts peak power, the PC-4000 Sledge STA-1200D amplifier uses an efficient Class D design combined with fully discrete MOSFET output and a sophisticated Analog Devices DSP engine. The result is a level of effortless power and advanced processing not available from any other powered subwoofer manufacturer.High Current Output of Fully Discrete MOSFETs with Efficiency of Class D Amplifier
Efficiency of a Class D amplifier with the ability to move massive amounts of current through the fully discrete MOSFETs enabling immense output and precise control for outstanding real-world subwoofer performance at all drive levels.Sophisticated 50Mhz High Resolution Analog Devices Audio DSP
Most advanced digital processor ever used in a subwoofer maintains pinpoint accuracy and pristine sound quality through advanced in-room tuning, optimized frequency response curves, powerful DSP controls and more.Variable Port Tuning Modes
Foam port plugs come standard with the PC-4000 and allow for variable tuning. Each response curve for the three port tuning modes; standard, extended and sealed, is fully configured to the respective mode to achieve balanced and accurate low frequency response with all tuning preferences.Active Power Factor Correction (PFC) & Ground Loop Isolation
Serves as a line conditioner, surge suppressor and voltage regulator letting the amplifier deal with wide voltage fluctuations and ensuring the subwoofers operate flawlessly on any household circuit no matter how unstable the incoming current. An isolated circuit creates a vanishingly low noise floor by eliminating the potential for ground loop hums from outside components resulting in absolute sonic transparency.
SoundPath Subwoofer Isolation System for Cleaner, Tighter Bass with Less Room Rattle
Elastomer feet on the PC-4000 improve bass performance while reducing floor and wall vibrations, noise artifacts and complaints from neighbors or roommates. De-coupling a subwoofer from the floor results in inherently tighter and cleaner sounding bass. It’s also the next best thing to sound-proofing and ideal for carpeted rooms, hardwood floors or any space where room rattles, buzzes or vibrations are present.
Acoustically Inert and Rigidly Braced Ported Box Cabinet Design
An inlaid front panel display, the first of its kind for an SVS cylinder subwoofer, and a stylish and durable fabric cabinet covering give the PC-4000 a refined yet commanding look that blends visually with home theaters and high-end audio systems. The unique cabinet design goes vertical to increase cabinet volume to achieve incredible low frequency output on par with much larger ported box subwoofers, but with much less floorspace required.
- Double thick 2-inch MDF front baffle and rigid internal bracing to support the massive drive unit and to ensure an acoustically inert environment.
- Highly reinforced internal design and acoustic insulation eliminates all coloration or resonance from the cabinet, even when the deepest low frequencies are played at reference volume.
- Protective, non-resonant steel mesh grille and custom elastomer feet for reducing noise artifacts within a room.